News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

aerial splitter

Started by anthony burr, August 22, 2006, 02:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony burr

i have a 1955 cadillac with the original aerial and radio. i also have a second hidden radio. it is connect to the original radio as well. i was hoping to get a splitter to run the two radios from the one radio. the local electrician has rigged upa temparary setup, but it is a bit rough. any ideas of who sells spliters for this.
regards
anthony

Rhino 21150

Try Radio Shack, they carried them several years ago.

Jose Gomez CLC # 23082

Anthony,

If you are referring to the splitter or “Y” cable to connect both radios into a single antenna/aerial you may need to search the web for electronic places and/or check eBay. These were available back in the good old days when the FM converters and FM w/8 tracks were a hot ticket” as an add-on to the basic AM stock radios.

One option is (if you can handle a solder iron and solder) is to purchase two extension cables and cut, splice and solder the proper connectors in a “Y”. These extensions can still be found in shops that deal with car stereos.

Good luck