News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1980 FB wheels and tires

Started by Tore Robert Klerud, CLC# 20146, August 24, 2006, 10:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tore Robert Klerud, CLC# 20146

Hi there. I am about to order new tires for my 1980 Fleetwood Brougham d´Elegance, and need your help to know what I should buy.

What width was the whitewall of the original tire when the car was new? Would the Cooker Dimension IVs in size 235/75-15 that I have on my 76 Eldo convertible fit on the stock rims of the 80 FB too? And would the whitewall be the right width?

As you may understand, I hope to be able to use the same kind of tires on both cars, which is due to both availability and reasonable pricing. Whitewall tires are in general harder to come by here in Europe than I guess in the US...

Regards, Tore
Norway

64 Eldo Conv
76 Eldo Conv
78 Sev Ele
80 FBd´E

Wm Link

The correct tire size would be 205 75/15, the larger 235 tires would fit your rims but, rub on both the inner and outer fenders. The correct white wall would be about an inch to an inch and 3/8

William Link

Oops...that is 215/75/15 not the 205 I listed

Tore Robert Klerud, CLC# 20146

Thanx William, that means I can go for the pretty inexpensive, yet comfortable Cooker Dimension IVs that I have on my 76 Eldorado, but in 215 width instead. The 215s are listed with ww width of "1.3 inches", which shouldn´t be too far from 1 3/8. Thanx again!

Regards, Tore
Norway

64 Eldo Conv
76 Eldo Conv
78 Sev Ele
80 Fwd Brg d´Ele