News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1985 fleetwood-Data Center resets

Started by Charles De Pagter, August 24, 2006, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles De Pagter

1985 fleetwood starts great but once in a while the car stops and the data center resets. The Dash lights prior to stopping flash like X-mas lights.  Have put in new BCM. Have FSM and have checked codes (nothing). Left  it at two mechanics for a week and they could not find anything. The car had the timing chain replaced that is when I noticed the problem (but the car runs well).  The mechanics and the electrical shop tell me to to bring it in when the problem happens. Unfortunately, that is when I am driving so I have to re start the car then drive the auto repair where the problem does not occur.  Any suggestions because I am starting to be afraid to drive the car and may have to scrap it because I wont sell it to someone who may get hurt while driving it.