News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

remanufacture

Started by I.V. (Tom) Tomlinson, August 25, 2006, 07:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I.V. (Tom) Tomlinson

Can anyone recommend a rebuilder of windshield wiper motors,and seat transmissions, or any for sale.  Thanks, Tom

Jerry

Hello,

You indicate that you are looking for someone to rebuild your power seat transmissions.  I assume that you are speaking of the motors.  

1.  When you apply power to your motors do they make noise?

2.  If yes, you may only need to remove and clean the cables that move the seat.  You may also possibly have a damaged cable.

3. The grease in these cable housings becomes dried up and locks the cable in place not allowing the motors to move.

Good luck.  I cant suggest anyone to rebuild the motors because I have never had to have one done.  Generally, just cleaning and checking the cables has been sufficient.  

Also be sure that you have ground straps going directly to a clean metal surface.