News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

radio

Started by don berg 20417, September 03, 2006, 05:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don berg 20417

I need help on my radio for a 1941 cadillac. I need to know how the vacuum lines go. I have three outlets on the radio.

Doug Houston

The center connection is for the supply vacuum hose.The lower hose on the antenna should go to the connection nearest the dash panel, and the top hose on the antenna goes to the rearmost fitting on the radio. This gives you pull-down, and push in, up.

don berg

Doug Thanks for the Information, This will help a great deal.

dave frost

Need reference to self starter article/instructions on installing radio in 39 Lasalle. Have seen the article, but cannot find it now!! Help will be greatly appreciated

FRED ZWICKER #23106

How do I purchase back issues of the Self Starter?  I am a new member (but previous member from 30 years back).  So far, I have received 3 issues, but do not see where back issues are available.  Am I missing something?  I too would like to see the article on installing a radio in a 1939 LaSalle.

Fred Zwicker
1939 LaSalle Convertible - Maroon

JIM CLC # 15000

09-12-06
Fred, Sorry to hear that you are having trouble readn the small print in the SS, but on page 39 of the June issue of the SS is a list of back issues for sale. Page 37, same issue, is the information needed to authenticate your car. (If you dont have the June06 issue of the SS go to the issues you have or  go to the home page of the CLC WEBSITE and go to the page that says Whom to contact and it will tell you to contact MR. LARS KNELLER to order back issues.
HTH Good Luck,JIM

Fred Zwicker #23106

Thanks Jim,

I guess the reason I didnt read the June issue carefully is that I just rejoined the club (after a 30-year gap since my 1939 LaSalle Sedan) and my first issue was the July issue. I will follow your instructions so that I can get some of the back issues.  I had a good collection of the older issues back in the late 60s and early 70s, but they were lost in a fire, so I am starting from scratch.  However, I am quickly building up a good filing system of hints, ideas, service info, ads and sources.  Thanks for the help.

Fred Zwicker

Doug Houston

See my post in the buy-sell section.