News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Weight

Started by Michy, September 10, 2006, 04:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michy

Can someone tell me what the gross vehicle weight is for a 1969 Fleetwood Limousine? I cant find it anywhere on or in the car! Its not even on the old registration! HELP!

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I dont think youre going to find the gross (car,passengers,luggage) figure in any of the literature.  The shipping weight (car only) for the 1969 Fleetwood 75 sedan (no division window) was 5,430 pounds and the 75 limousine (divider window) was 5,555. I dont know what they considered an average adult passenger in 1969 (150-175 pounds, Im guessing) but you could multiply a figure in that range by nine. The luggage capacity in a full-sized car was generally 200 pounds.

Mike #19861

The maximin weights of the car wer always foind at one place or another on most cars beginning sometime in the 60s I think.

You used to be able to find that info on the inside of the glove box door, along with tire and inflation specifications. It gave maximum passenger capacity as well as total luggage weight.

Later, that info was moved to the the drivers door jamb.

If any of these labels are missing, then maybe someone here with a 69 or 70 Series Seventy Five could have a look at theirs and see if they can find the info.

Mike