News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Overhaulin Episode featured 56 Cadillac Convertible!

Started by Rich Sullivan CLC #11473, September 12, 2006, 10:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

FYI: A few minutes ago, while channel surfing on my TV, I tuned in to "TLC (The Learning Channel)" and caught the last few minutes of the program "Overhaulin"--and the most gorgeous 1956 Series Sixty-two Convertible had just been magnificently restored by Chip Foose! Although the appearance looked "stock," the car had some mechanical upgrades, etc. It had started as a nice "driver" that was Light Blue (non-metallic), worn White Roof and Blue/White Leather Interior, and it was completed in a gorgeous Light Gunmetal Gray, New White Roof, and Terra Cotta/White Tucked Leather Interior, with everything appearing re-chromed. The transformation was done in only one week, and the owner was named "Marilyn," and the car looked extraordinary! I did not hear if the owners are members of the CLC. If this episode of "Overhaulin" is re-played, I recommend that any Cadillac enthusiasts watch it--I just wish I saw the whole show! It was the most "stock" appearing transformation that I have seen Chip Foose oversee, and the car looked great!

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

FYI: Web-site indicates this show is re-played at 12:00 a.m.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

You can go to Page 4 of the General Discussion forums and scroll down to several posts starting on 7/25/06 about this car and its rebuild by Chip Foose.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Many thanks . . . I missed that the first time around--but those links to the photos of the restored car are great!

MissLee

I love Marilyn soo much. I fell in love with her on the show. They really made that car really classy again perfect car for the perfect woman thank you overhaulin for doing that for her. lol her husband couldn't keep a secret for 30 years, Let's just say he knew what secret to keep. Great job guys she said this didn't happen to real people 1 day I wish to say those words.