News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Interchangeability of glass on 57 models

Started by John Maglia #23063, September 13, 2006, 11:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Maglia #23063

Does anyone know if the rear window and windshield on a 57 coupe is interchangeable with the same from a 57 Sedan de Ville? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Warren Rauch

The short answer is NO. The following are pattern numbers and what they fit.Windshield W523 57-58 Cad conv & 2dr HT
                         W525 57-58 Cad all 4dr &limo
              Back glass B524 57-58 Cad  2dr
                         B526 57    Cad 6039,6239
                         B527 57-58 Cad limo
                         B553 58    Cad 6039,6239
 In addition most of the above fir some models Buick. I did not check on the Brougham, it likely is different. Warren

John Maglia

Thanks Warren. I appreciate the information. I am restoring a Sedan de Ville and also have a coupe donor car and was hoping the front and rear windows were useable. Ill start the hunt for a sedan. Thanks again.

Frank Puma#10721

John,
 I just parted out a 57 series 62 sedan. I did save the rear tinted windshield. Where are you located? Im in Buffalo, NY. The glass is in pretty good shape. If you are close and want to see it, let me know. I will be selling in Hershey this year in spots RWB 27-28 if your going. Thanx Frank

Michael

Hi,
Where are you located ? I have the exact opposite situation. I am restoring a 58 coupe, and have a 58 4 door parts car. My coupe needs a front windshield, but my 4-door has good front and rear glass. You wouldnt be interested in a trade would you ? A good 4-door rear glass, for a good 2 door front windshield ? If so, let me know, Thanks,
Michael
PS - Can anyone verify for me that the glass from a 1958 sixty special is the same as a Sedan de Ville ? Thanks

Frank Puma #10721

Mike,
 The master parts book lists the Fleetwood, series 62, sedan de ville, and extended deck sedan as all having the same back window. I do have a windshield for a 58 coupe. It is tinted. I am located in Buffalo, NY. I am also selling at Hershey in the Red field RWB 27-28. Frank

Michael

Frank Puma

Mike,
  $175 pick up only. Thanx Frank

John Maglia #23063

Hi Michael:

I am located in Rolla, MO, about 2 hours southwest of St. Louis.

I would be interested in a trade but I believe the windshield on the Coupe has a wiper scratch on the drivers side. I was told it could be polished out but I dont want to mislead you. Where are you located?

Thanks, John