News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Cadillac

Started by Ryan, September 15, 2006, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

My family owns a body shop and we recently had a customer bring us a 1966 Cadillac Deville Convertable. Needless to say the customer recently went to jail for a long time.....  I have searched high and low on this car to find a vin number, but I have been unable to find a number that complies with any information that I have. Is there some secret way to find this lol?  I have checked wioth some local people and have been told that there are numbers on the back part of the intake manifold. I found the numbers but they didnt surmount to anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Once we retain the title for this vehicle it will be for sale and I am sure it will probably go pretty cheap. The vehicle is actually in very good shape. It has been stripped to bare metal and is sitting under primer at the moment. The car will be sold as is. If you can help or are interested please feel free to contact me at r_reolfi@hotmail.com   Thanks,     Ryan

Bob Diederich

Ryan, e mail me with your telephone number concerning the 66 caddy convertible.
Thanks Bob D

Chris McBride

Sir

The info below if from:

http://groups.msn.com/TheNew1965-66CadillacCommunity/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=2894&LastModified=4675520746781060687 TARGET=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/TheNew1965-66CadillacCommunity/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=2

It should be in 3 places. The left door jamb, engine and frame.

"Theres a screwed on plastic 1" x 3" white tag on the left door lock pillar with the engine number on it. This is the same as the VIN. It may have been lost over the years or broken off....or painted over.

The VIN (or engine number, same thing) is stamped in the block on the left side just above the oil pan

Its also stamped in the frame on the left front rail between the bumper bracket and coil spring on top. Ive seen them on the right side rail also.You might have to wire brush the area to see it and if youre in the northeast like me, hope its not rusted so badly you cant see it."

Hope this helps

Chris

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Hi,
Another thing, wernt the VINs a lot less characters back then compare to today? This may also help confuse people seeing a short series of numbers and knowing how long they are on modern cars.
Eric :)

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Ryan,

The VIN number is on the engine block in the valley between the cylinder banks just above the transmission torque converter housing. Your VIN should read F6XXXXXX, assume the engine is original. The number is stamped on a flat machined surface but is rather faint. You my want clean the area and trace over it paper and pencil.

HTH,
Ralph