News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Poer Trunk Pulldown 65 Caddy

Started by Adrian Mosforth, September 22, 2006, 12:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Mosforth

I dont know if my trunk pull down is working correctly or not but here is what happens....

I have the "Power Trunk Pulldown" on my car, a 1965 Caddlica Fleetwood Brougham with 57000 Miles on it.

I close the trunk and it stops about 1 inch before the proper closing.  The Power Trunk Closedown grabs it but doesnt pull it down.  I have to give it another hard push for it to work.  And I mean HARD!!!

Is this correct???

I have a 97 Towncar with power trunk pull down and it glides smoothly to the end when it reaches the trunk lock...

I realize that the technology is totally different, but what is the point of having Power trunk pull down if I still have to slam it???

Jim Eccleston CLC 16079

No, your pull-down is not working properly. it is either:

1) the hydraulic cylinder (located along the passenger-side trunk hinge brace) is leaking and unable to build up enough pressure to pull the trunk lid down all the way, or

2) the cables connecting the cylinder and the latch mechanism are stretched out, or

3) the latch mechanism is out of alignment and needs to be adjusted, probably lowered, or

4) the cables and latch mechanism need to be lubricated, or

5) a combination of all of these.

When you close the lid, and you hear the latch click and lock onto the trunk lid, does the lid pull closed at all?