News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

"Self-Starter" Magazine

Started by Adrian Mosforth, September 22, 2006, 12:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Mosforth

I know there is a Magazine called the "Self Starter" for Cadillac folk...I am not sure which Caddy group it belongs to, but I was wondering how I can get back issues.

I would love to read them.

If you have any you wish to recycle to another person, I am your man!!!

I will pay for shipping/handling...I just would like to have some to read.

Maybe they will help me with my 65 Fleetwood..

Thanks all!

Johnny #662

The Self Starter is the official monthly magazine of the Cadillac LaSalle Club, whose website you are on.  The club offers to its memembers tech advice for most if not all years.

Tim Coy #11513

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your inquiry on The Self-Starter. Back issues are available from:

Lars Kneller
Indiana Region CLC Inc.
3018 W. Small Road
LaPorte, IN 46350

The charge is $2.50 for each issue or $125 for one copy of each one that he has, (plus some annual issues) which go back to 1983, but not in consecutive years. These prices assume you live in the United States and include postage.

We invite you to join the CLC so you can receive this award-winning magazine every month in your home!

Tim Coy
Art Director
The Self-Starter

Fred Zwicker #23106

My advice is to join the club and then you can purchase back issues of the "Self-Starter".  That is what I am doing now, as want some back issues. They are avaialble through the club at a reasonable price.

Fred Zwicker

Bob Diederich CLC 16618

Adrian, I have a former member in my region that has a thirty year collection of Self Starter magazines that he would like to sell. E mail your telephone number to me if you are interested and I will pass it on to the former member.
Regards Bob Diederich CLC16618 Director Western Reserve Region.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Hi, The thirty year collection might be the way to go, as most members do not re-cycle the magazines, but keep them for reference, and as a collectors item. We would certainly welcome you to the Club. I have belonged since 1964, and have made friends world wide over those forty two years. Barry Wheeler, Past President 1986-1990.