News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cleaning a grille on a 61 Cadillac

Started by Jack Miller, September 23, 2006, 01:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Miller

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.
Has anyone here ever steam cleaned or pressure washed (not high enough to bend the bars) a grille on a 61?
This grille actually shined where I used windex & flitz. I think that this might have been stored in or near a cement factory as it isnt the white powder but brown like sand.

Thanks
Jack

nasser

Jack:
  If nothing bring the sheen to the chrome, try rubbing it with grade 000 steel wool, nothing coarser. You can find it in most hardware stores, I use to buy it from Home Depot. HTH.
Dr.Nasser,

Robert

I removed a ton of rust from chrome with WD-40 and VERY fine steel wool. Then followed up with a chrome polish. The WD-40 works great like a lubricant so you do not scratch up the chrome while removing rust and imperfections.

Jack Miller

Thanks all,

I received an e-mail from my buddy Jim who sent me pix of his killer grille and he used CLR.
I will try that then the others.

Again
Thanks
Jack

Trent Mitchell

Be careful with CLR as it is corrosive.