News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct 68 Carb #s

Started by Chris Short CLC 18814, September 30, 2006, 02:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Short CLC 18814

Hello,
     I was hopeing someone on here could tell me the correct carburetor number for my 68 DeVille Convertable with the 472 and ac?  The other day I was at a junk yard and found a 68 Cad with its carburetor yet.  I baught that carburetor and braught it home thinking I could have a spare for my car.  The only numbers I can find on this carburetor are 7043234 and a 0463 stamped next to that.  These numbers were found on the throttle linkage side of the carb.  Once home I compared this carb to the one on my car (numbers 702831 and a 2877 stamped on the base).  Finding it alot different.  The one out the the junk yard has 3 more vacuum ports coming out of it and the fuel line going to it is 3/8 line instead of a 5/16 line on my car.  The car in the junk yard looked like it was correct.  Everything seemed to fit..  But 25 years sitting in a junk yard could do this..  So which one is correct?  Or is either one correct???
Thanks,
Chris Short

Philippe M. Ruel

Rochester carb #7043234 is related to a 1973, 49-state, automatic transmission Cadillac.
#702831 is missing a character, but 28 is related to the year 1968 and 3 to Cadillac.

Rochester Quadrajets #s may be decoded here : http://www.recarbco.com/technical/rochester/qjet.html TARGET=_blank>http://www.recarbco.com/technical/rochester/qjet.html

JIM CLC # 15000

09-30-06
Chris, The carb you obtained from the JY is the correct one for your car. The one on your car is what came on the 1972 Cadillac. Go to and click on passinger cars then Cadillac, go down to the 1968 cars then on to the 1972 cars.
HTH
Good Luck,JIM

JIM CLC # 15000

09-30-06
Chris, I forget to put in the web-site for you to check-out, It is shop.com>
Ithink you will enjoy the site just for the reading material.
Good Luck,JIM

Chris Short CLC 18814

Hello,  Thats is a very interesting site!  That answers all my questions also..  Im still going to try to find a not wore out correct number carb for my car..  The hunt goes on.  Thank you.

Chris Short

Joe Gibeault 12138

Ive got a 7028237. (Maybe the last digits a 2?)  Itll need to be rebuilt for sure, as it appears to be a take-off from a dealer (1985) and put in the box that the new one came in, and not touched since. Its also penciled on the box 1968 Cadillac. But if youre after numbers matching it should be the right one. Call if interested....262 392-9490