News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Paint Code

Started by Mike &Vicky Barruzza #931, October 01, 2006, 12:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike &Vicky Barruzza #931

Hello Everyone,
We are looking for a paint code for Italian Creme to paint our 1940-52 Series LaSalle that color.We plan on using basecoat/clearcoat.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Houston

Italian Creme was a 1938 color, and appears to be a color that customers in later years ordered special for their cars. I think that youll be best off to locate someone with an Italian Creme car who can get color chips from  Dupont or someone and get  the closest match they can.

I just had my 41 Cadillac done in Monica Blue, the original color, and we had to get a very close match from an original area on the cowl. You might check with PPG dealers. PPG has some early listings with contemporary formulae. The  guys at Painters Supply in Pontiac, Mich. may have it. They sell PPG paints, and really know their stuff.

Lou CLC19028

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Hi Mike,

The following is from the 1938 DuPont color Chart. Most likely is not useful as is because the pigments probably aren’t available, but it’s a start.
:
Italian Cream No. 246-52881

31 3/4 Fluid oz. 246-0091 White
     7/16 Fluid oz. 246-062 Yellow
     5/16 Fluid oz. 246-064 Ferrite Yellow
     Trace 246-020 Black

I suspect it would be easier to get a ’38 color chart and have your paint supplier match a quart and try it.

Ralph

Mike & Vicky Barruzza #931

Thank you; Ralph,Lou,and Doug for responding!

Mike & Vicky,

Steven Keylon

My 41 convertible is Monica Blue too, when it was repainted the paint shop had the formula from an old catalog, but Im not quite sure that its accurate.  I have the paint chip selector from 1941 that has large paint swatches on sort of celluloid, with a Series 62 four door sedan on clear celluloid, so you could put that over the paint chip to choose your new Cadillacs color.  The Monica Blue in my paint chip selector is lighter than the Monica Blue the paint shop mixed.  Do you have a photo of your newly painted convertible?  We would all love to see it!