News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

55 Eldorado Brougham Article in SS

Started by Charles D. Barnette, October 06, 2006, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette

David W. Temple gives us a great article in the October issue of The Self-Starter on the beautiful 1955 Eldorado Brougham. Hats off to him and our editor. I am so proud of my little Structo model which made its debut in this article! If anyone out there knows where the real 55 EB is or the cars ultimate fate please speak up-especially our California members. Also while I am at it, where is the 1953 Orleans or what was its ultimate fate? Meanwhile as a word to the wise, there will only be 4500 copies published of Davids new Motorama book! Charles D. Barnette

Brian Laurance

Charles, I continue to look forward to the Motorama book.  Am I correct in remembering that it will be available in December?  Please remind us when it becomes available!

Charles D. Barnette

You are correct that it will be available in December.Thanks for your reply. I cannot wait. GMs Motorama days are simply unequaled as far as beauty, glitz, design, and innovation. The astronomical prices being paid now for Motorama automobiles reflect all of this. Having had a recent encounter with the 56 Motorama Cadillac Eldorado Brougham Town Car (folks I got to literally drive her!!!!!!!!!!!) has rekindled the flame. Charles

Andrew Garnett

Who is the current owner and who was the seller that had it listed on ebay?

Quote from: Charles D. BarnetteYou are correct that it will be available in December.Thanks for your reply. I cannot wait. GMs Motorama days are simply unequaled as far as beauty, glitz, design, and innovation. The astronomical prices being paid now for Motorama automobiles reflect all of this. Having had a recent encounter with the 56 Motorama Cadillac Eldorado Brougham Town Car (folks I got to literally drive her!!!!!!!!!!!) has rekindled the flame. Charles

David Temple, #22317

The 1956 Eldorado Brougham Town Car was listed for sale on eBay a few years ago; it was owned then by Dick Baruk. He ultimately sold it through RM Auctions in February. The new owner is Mr. OQuinn, a collector in Houston.

David Temple, #22317

Thanks, Charles, for your compliments regarding my article and for your contributions to it.