News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

65 deVille cvt: Im not seeing it: getting the instrument cluster out

Started by Rob Kranenburg, October 07, 2006, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Kranenburg

Hi,

Im trying to get the instrument cluster out of the car, and it gets hung up on the little needle that shows transmission position. Everything else is loose/OK, but if I pull it forward (as the manual suggests) I will bend the needle and it will probably not survive. What am I not seeing?

Thanks,

RK

John #22631

Rob,
   If I am correct, and Im sure Ill hear about it if Im not, but the lower end of the selector pointer should be held by a single Phillips screw on the shift column. You should be able to access this screw by removing the lower dash panel. Remove the screw and gently remove the pointer. Then the cluster SHOULD roll right out.

John

John Morris

I just did the brake booster on my 65 and had to drop the steering column, just took minutes. The needle lowered with it, out of the way of the dash, and easy to remove then too.