News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

kick plate?

Started by Joe Bento #20081, October 09, 2006, 11:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bento #20081

I think that is what it is called.

It is the cardboard-ish piece that is on the inside of the car, just to the right of the drivers side door (there is one on the passenger side too), runs from the floor up about 18-24".

Is this what it is called?  And more importantly, where do I get them for a 1940 Cadillac series 72?

Thanks!

Joe

Matt I #21633

Joe,

They are called kick panels.

I have not seen them manufactured - instead, an upholsterer can make one for you from new stock.  All you have to do is figure out what upholstery color and pattern you want and give the upholsterer your old ones (or a template) to make a new one.

Hope this helps,
Matt

FRED ZWICKER #23106

I have a 1939 LaSalle Series 50 Convertible and know exactly what you need.  My car is oxblood maroon and the side panels are sort of a cardboard material with a maroon and some darker brown splash in the pattern. Mine are in reasonably good shape, but one side was kind of rough on the edges and I was able to carefully trim off the excess rough material and reinstall the panel.

I was at Hershey all week and there was a guy in the red field who had these panels in a size of 39" x 65".  I bought one in a maroon color. While not the same as the original, they are nice and have a leather-like pattern embossed into the maroon side of the panel. I paid the guy $20 cash, but did not get the name of the vendor.  He had other colors available. If you could locate this vendor, a smaller section could probably be shipped UPS.  If you need maroon, email me and I will send you a small cutoff sample to take a look.  Also, I know the approximate space number of this vendor (Red Field Spaces RNI 28-30 or close, as he was in a corner near our spaces). I checked in the AACA book under "671 Weatherstripping and found a Restoration Specialties and Supply at Spaces RNI 25-30, so this is undoubtedly the vendor that you might want to contact.

I have just checked further in our TP Tools data base and here is the name and address and phone number of this vendor:
David A Mihalko
Restoration Specialties
130 Minnow Creek Ln.
Windber, PA  15963
Phone: 814-467-9842

Hopefully this will be of help.

Fred Zwicker

Joe Bento #20081

Thanks Fred!

I found their website as well.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com TARGET=_blank>http://www.restorationspecialties.com

I will see what they got.

Many thanks!

Joe

Don Boshara #594

Painted cowlboard, page 98

Joe Bento #20081

Quote from: Don Boshara #594Painted cowlboard, page 98

Not THATS what I am talking about.  No guesswork.  I now know exactly where to get what I need.

You guys are AWSOME!

Thanks!

Joe