News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Luvdg

Started by Geoff Newcombe #4719, October 09, 2006, 09:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porter

Geoff,

I notice his spiel is getting a little defensive these days.

Oh well, buyer beware.

I would like to see his "museum" of cars some day that are not for sale, LOL

But after all, he has a prestigious eBay Top Seller Award with a 97.6 percent positive feedback.

Porter

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

I thought that ALL Eldorados had A/C as Standard.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

dale jackson

Wow,

Wrong hubcabs there from 59 coupe deville, Dash ashtray hanging down. Grey painted lower dash that should be black . Another shoddy restore job on luvdg car. His cars always something wrong with them. How does he get the ebay seller award? Did bribe someone or buy that award???

Dale

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

Say what you want, this is a beautiful automobile.  I see no evidence that it is or isnt an Eldorado.  Besides if one spends $60,000 to restore a Series 62 convertible into an Eldorado Biarritz only to ask $25.9 for it, that person is either stupid or deranged.

Considering the prices on Eldorados of this period, $25.9 is not bad, and unless you are trying for more Senior Awards, it would make a lovely car to drive.  I understand El Nino is going to make this winter a bit warmer and wetter, so a convertible is not a bad choice.   A beautiful car.  And while the under dash should be black, I rather like the silver/grey.  Gives the car a little contrast.  

Caviat emptor!  We push for free open markets, so you cannot expect protections too...
just the nature of the beast.  Whoever Luvdg is, he has a nice car this time.

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

Oh and forgot to add, while the reserve has not been met, it is probably priced well above $50K.  If you could buy it for under $30K, it is worth it.  Shoot, that is the price of a new car.  But higher?  Well I guess were I looking for a really pretty car, and was looking to spend over $50K for a new Cadillac... I would look hard at this car.
Obviously no guarentees, service or maintenance offered, and it pollutes and uses gas more than a modern car.  Decisions, decisions... Id take it on looks alone.

joe meneghin #22407

Ill tell you what this guy is trying to do here.  Hes trying to make this look like a good deal for $80k compared to that Heather Eldo thats up on ebay right now for $115k with no air conditioning or autotronic eye.   He also probably saw the eldo from a couple of weeks  that hit $85k in  bidding and still did not hit the reserve.  

Lately, it looks like the skys the limit for eldos and gorgeous series 62 convertibles on ebay are barely hitting the mid twenties.  I would bet anything the reserve on this auction is over $75k.

joe meneghin #22407

Funny you should mention that Dale.  He gets a special award because his items are so exspensive.  However his sub 98percent feedback score does not qualify him for powerseller status on ebay, implying if your total feedback score is not at least 98percent positive,  you need to clean up your act.  Now being a seller on ebay, I can tell you negatives can be left for any reason, but from what I recall about luvdg, his always seemed to be major issues with the cars bordering on misrepresentation.

Fred Garfield 22310

Im no 59 eldo afficionado, but whats up with the steering wheel center cap? It looks like a 1960s one. And why does he go to the trouble to provide all that descriptive detail but neglect to say whether this is a Seville or a Biarritz? The tail fins and back-up housings look like 1960s too. Is he pedalling this as a Braugham?

Fred Garfield 22310

Oops! Just noticed its a 60 eldo, not a 59. As Emily used to say on SNL -- "Oh, never mind..."

Paul Zanetti

Hi Bruce,

Air conditioning was a non-standard option. For example, Bill Refakis (who has documented all known surviving 1959 Eldorado Biarritzs) tells me that air conditioning on 1959 model Eldorado Biarritz was very rare.

Regards, Paul Zanetti

Paul Zanetti

Hi Fred,

This is a 1960 Eldorado....not a 1959, as youve incorrectly written.

The steering wheel is correct for 1960 Cadillac / Eldorado.

The tail fins and housing is all correct.

This is a beautiful car, seemingly restored correctly, and I think credit where its due.

Regards, Paul Zanetti

Paul Zanetti

Dale,

All easy fixes.

None of these small things would deter me from bidding on this car. Its gorgeous. The dash ash trays slightly hanging are a common annoyance on all 1959 and 1960 Cadillacs. This is due to loose, or no, ash tray springs. These springs come up regularly on ebay.

It seems in regard to this car the only criticisms are somewhat petty.

Regards, Paul Zanetti

Paul Zanetti

Having recently restored a 1959 Biarritz, the $60K restoration cost for this car seems a realistic figure. I would say the car is valued somewhere between $80K - $100K. If it were a 1959 Biarritz you could add another $20K - $30K to that estimate.

Has anyone else noticed the recent prices of the more desired Eldorado lately, of which I include the 57-58 Broughams and 1959 - 1960 Biarritz. In ten years even todays prices will seem like bargains. Paul Zanetti

Paul Zanetti

...forgot to mention that by reason of being a convertible it is a Biarritz. Goes without saying.

A Seville was a hardtop coupe.

Paul Zanetti

joe meneghin #22407

Not sure if Im following you, but a 1960 convertible, could be a series 62 like mine.  

Im curious,  restoring a 60 convertible (series 62) myself,   could you describe what you had done on your car, what kind of shape it was in before the restoration and what  ballpark you have into the car.   In other words, from one of our own, explain in terms of $, what it takes to put together a car like this.

Tore Robert Klerud, CLC# 20146

Hehe, LUVDG´s at it again. Just thought you´d be interested in knowing that the red 60 convertible with TV that was supposedly a 59 showcar from some time ago is up for sale again. I found it while searching for a 58 convertible for a friend on a SWEDISH(!) trading site yesterday, with the good ole LUVDG footage (oak tree and all) in the ad. Didn´t check the description to see if it was allready actually in Sweden, or if it was advertised while waiting at a US port, but I noticed the price just below 900,000 Swedish Crowns - pretty much like $100K. I wouldn´t be surprised if that car´s rumor has already been too widely known up here too, making it hard to sell.

Regards, Tore
Norway

Paul Zanetti

Cant understand how you can say a Biarritz could also be a 62-series convertible. You are pulling our leg, arent you? Or if you are a novice, go to the Cadillac Database and research(search on google). Differences (and associated values) between models is a fundamental if you own a Cadillan, I would have thought.