News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My Caddy

Started by Doug Ray #to be issued, October 13, 2006, 09:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Ray #to be issued

I have and have been working on a 1936 60 series 3 window coupe. I plan to put up a small website showing before pics and progress very soon. i purchased this car Jan 2006 after stumbling upon it. I was not even looking for a 30s model car. I got intouch with the owner and went and looked at it and purchased it on the spot...he had pulled it out of a use to be old chicken coupe where it had sat for the last 35-40 years. I have many pictures of before and during the work. Hey its gonna be kinda cold this weekend...maybe i will put the site up.

Very hard to find parts for this car....Hersheys netted me some real good finds...some of which i will post about later...

Thanks everyone for the welcome wagon.

Doug

Joe Bento #20081

Bill Kaufman

Welcome Doug !!    Good luck and have fun with your project .

Fred Garfield 22310

A hardy welcome to you, Doug!

Glad you found some parts at Hershey. Ive gotten most of mine at ebay but then Im only dealing with a 59 SDV, a much easier project than the one youve sunk your teeth into! Lots of great people here with a huge store of knowledge and experience. Youve come to the right place!

John Tozer #7946

Doug,

There is at least one other member that is going to be very pleased to hear that you are around, particularly if you have a set of running boards that he can take a pattern off.

Tony Simione has one of your cars and has had as tough a time as you are predicting you will have getting parts for his car. Give him a shout at:

tandt@nycap.rr.com

I will drop him a note to let him know you are on line.

Regards and good luck,

John Tozer

Doug Ray

yes i have the running boards. no problem getting him something to go by. in fact i was going to have smoothy fabriication  make me some off mine.

you say this guy has a 1936 model 6077  ?

John Tozer #7946

Doug,

I know only that he has a 36 60 series convertible coupe. He should be in touch shortly.

Regards,

John Tozer

William King

Doug

Is "smoothy fabrication" an outfit that works on running boards?

I need the ones for my 39 LaSalle 5019 done. Thanks

Bill K.