News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

cadillac deville 1981 doesnt want to start

Started by Adrian, October 21, 2006, 01:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

hi

Ive a problem!
I checked the ISC and TPS and wanted to regulate the idle gas.
and from one day to the other i dont hear the fuel pump if i turn ignition on and start.

the engine wont start, i dont hear the fuel pump so i think the engine gets no fuel and cant start

the diagnostic mode of the ECM doesnt work until same day! off and warmer goes until . . appears but 88 doesnt appear

on turning the ignition on, the check engine light doesnt flash on.

the fuses for the ECM are OK! the 2 orange cables to the ECM have 12V and the pink/black one too. both are on the connector P1 and supply the electrical energy

any ideas what to check or what to do??
idk what the mistake could be, cables inside the car i think they are OK, because the car stood in the garage and i worked on the coolant sensor, thermostat, and climate compressor and so from one day to the other ive this problem. could the center bulkhead connector be the reason? this is the connector underhood where the cables go inside (i took off the connector one time and reconnected it, but idk what there could be wrong, it fits perfectly)

thanks
Adrian12

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Adrian, With the air cleaner off, you can see the two throttle body fuel injectors.  Have someone turn the key on and observe the injectors you should see fuel streaming out of the injectors if the fuel pump is working.  Also the fuel line leading to the throttle body has a Shraeder Valve on it put a gauge on it correct fuel pressure is 5 psi at start.  If you have less pump is not working.

Adrian

hi
thx for this answer, but thats my problem, fuel pump doesnt work!
i think due to the ECM, because since Ive the ECM problems the fuel pump doesnt work
but idk what and how to check something on the ECM

thx for alls ideas and help