News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

32/33 LowBoy Trunk

Started by Wayne Womble 12210, October 22, 2006, 12:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Womble 12210

I am trying to determine for sure what trunk is correct for my 33CCP. The Cadillac Accessories Catalog that I have shows the trunk as being the lower one in this picture. I have asked just about every knowledgeable person that I know, and have gotten as many opinions as there were cars built. So, I am asking, does anyone have a contemporary picture of an original 32-33 lowboy on the car, or does anyone have specific knowledge of what is correct?

Thanks.  

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/303/303869/folders/233627/202284932LowBoy.jpg TARGET=_blank>http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/303/303869/folders/233627/202284932LowBoy.jpg

JIM CLC # 15000

0-22-06
Wayne, IAW the discription for the trunk in the Lower picture, That trunk (the low-boy) Is for a Cadillac-La Salle. Since I dont know what a 32/33 Cadillac or Cadillac-La Salle looks like,I would have to go with what the accessory book states.
HTH
Good Luck,JIM

Wayne Womble 12210

You would think so, but I cant find any other documentation and pre-production literature is notoriously wrong in some cases. I would love to see just one in a contemporary picture or a well documented example. I have heard several opinions. ANYONE?

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Hi Wayne, you didnt ask ME! LOL I had an original low-boy which I sold to Shappy some years ago. Im sure he still has it. Im unsure as to what your question or concern is, but the only correct trunk for your 33 IS a low-boy.   Bob

Wayne Womble 12210

I thought I did. Sorry. I do remember you telling me that now. Was it like the lower one in the picture in the link?

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Wayne, yes it is. The trunk is not a smaller version of the big one. HTH, Bob

Wayne Womble 12210

Thanks, I will contact him.