News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wondering

Started by myren kohlhorst 17794, October 26, 2006, 12:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myren kohlhorst 17794

Hello to all,
 I sent 9 pieces of my 39-6119 out for rechrome. I sent them to Nu-Chrome of Fall River,MA. They always have a half page add in Hemmings so I tried them. Well its been 10 weeks so I thought Id call. Been calling since Monday 10/23 and only to leave a message. A Jack Baker name is given on one answering machine. Today the message machine says its full. Call back later. Im becomeing concerned that I may never see my parts again. Has anyone used them before? or heard any thing about them? Thanks
Myren

Jerry

Myren,

Yes I would be wondering myself or making a drive over there - even if it were a distance.  I have heard enough horror stories to make the hair stand up on the back of my head.

But anyhow, the internet is a wonderful tool. According to Nu Chromes neighboring business, they ARE still in business.  The person I spoke to indicated that Nu Chromes answer machine is on quite often and she laughed when I said that it was full.

Next considering how concerned that you are is to contact the owner directly - Donald W. Kemp.  

BTW, Hemmings is very good about following up on non-responsive advertisers.  If you dont succeed by contacting the owner directly, give Hemmings Customer Service a call and they will check it out.  If they dont get a satisfactory response they can cease running ads.

myren kohlhorst 17794

Jerry,
Thank you for the intrest, and research. Ill try to follow up on the name and hemmings tomorrow.
Regards
Myren