News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Vaccuum Wipers

Started by James Mundstock, October 29, 2006, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Mundstock

I have a 55 Coupe DeVille. I put a rebuilt wiper motor on I bought from Fickens and it worked but the wipers were slapping. I could see the cables were loose so I pushed in on the shaft which automatically readjusts the tension. Now they try to move but need help from me on the wiper arm. It almost acts like there isnt enough vaccuum but the hoses are good and the engine runs good. I need suggestions. Thanks.

FRED ZWICKER #23106

When I first installed my rebuilt wiper motor, the wipers slapped hard against the bottom windshield trim. The solution was simple in that I just adjusted them up a bit, as they were  hitting too low.  It took 2 or 3 tries, but now are adjusted perfectly - no slap and when shut off, they rest nicely across the bottom of the windshield trim (parallel to the windshield).

Fred