News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Battery post covers

Started by Greg McDonnell CLC# 20841, November 01, 2006, 07:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg McDonnell CLC# 20841

Recently I bought a pair of battery post covers for my 66 Eldorado.  They are made of some type of rubber with a slight texture to it and neatly fit over the post with the cable end attached.  Steele Rubber Products told me they were definitely used on 66 Cadillacs but could not say whether the two covers were the same color (either reddish-orange or black) or one cover red and one black.  Does anyone remember these covers and their correct color?  Im headed to an AACA meet this weekend with the car and would like to be correct if possible.

Thanks!

Greg McDonnell

Mike Josephic #3877

The positive "rubber" post cover is red, the negative black.
Mike  (They are polyurethane)

Greg McDonnell CLC#20841

Mike,

Thanks for the information!  Of course theyre polyurethane.  I guess I used the term rubber a little loosely! LOL!  Logic would suggest the colors you stated, but I just wanted to be sure.  

Greg