News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

brake lights

Started by Jerry Anton, November 02, 2006, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Anton

Is there any chance anyone knows if there is a seperate fuze or relay for the lower brake lights on the 2000 Esclade.  The light bar overhead is fine but nothing coming from the main brake lights on the car.  It is set up with a towing package from the factory but nothing regarding the brake lights themselves.  Also nothing coming out of the trailer plug for the brake lights.  HELP

Art#22010

I can only tell you that on my 49 my brake fluid was low and there was not enough pressure to activate the brake pressure switch. Filled the master and brake lights now work everytime.
Probably not in your case though. Art

Rhino 21150

Im guessing here based on a different make. Roll under the rear bumper and look for a harness from the trailer connector. Trace it back to where it plugs into the main harnees of the truck. Probably a problem there that is visible to the eye. Like its unpluged accidentally. Unless you TOOK IT OFF ROAD and hit something. Just pickin. I dont think this beast has a pressure switch on the master cylinder, that went away by the sixties. The brake switch should be on the pedal arm. Check there to see if something got unplugged (kicked). The third brake light is on the same fuse as the regular tail lights. If that doesnt fix it, the next most likely is expensive: the turn signal switch. If your blinkers use the same bulbs as the stop signal, the signal switch has gone south.