News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

caddys

Started by jamie, November 03, 2006, 05:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie

my friend just found out he has a rare caddy in his barn. it is suppose to be a prototype that jfk wife owned, somewhere in the late 50s to early 60s any suggestion if this car has any value to it thanks jamie

Johnny #662

Quote from: jamiemy friend just found out he has a rare caddy in his barn. it is suppose to be a prototype that jfk wife owned, somewhere in the late 50s to early 60s any suggestion if this car has any value to it thanks jamie

Ah, the "old rare Caddy in the barn trick".  Would you believe that a such a car did exist? I dont think it was a prototype, but more of a semi customized Cadillac, nothing too radical as I can remember.  I have been doing a quick search to locate the car, but have come up empty.  Stay tuned, I am sure that someone will give you more definitive information.

Sure this car, like any other car has value.  The fact that it might have been owned or used by Jackie O would add something to its value, if it can be undisputably proven.  How much is it worth?  Like any other car, its worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Naturally a lot has to do with how much work is needed to bring back to life.  Providing detailed pictures and documentation would help greatly in selling this car, if this is what your friend intends to do.

jamie

thanks for the info. it is suppose to be a limo type prototype. it also has intials in gold on the steering wheel center. maybe that will help some one tell me more . i hear there were only 10 made. a museum has one called the black beauty.

Johnny #662

This is the car I was thinking of.  

Jacqueline: A custom-built Cadillac, named in honor of Jacqueline Bouvier-Kennedy; it was a mere styling prototype built by Pinin Farina [reputedly on the 1960 Brougham chassis, in fact on a tubular frame (no engine)]. Publicity shots taken in front of the Palazzo Stupenigi in Turin would fool anybody; I got under the car at the Geneva Motor Show in the mid-Eighties to check if it had the 1960 Eldorado Brougham air suspension ...and found out it had no suspension, chassis, or engine at all. The "car" spent many years in Pininfarinas private collection; after a repaint from white to gold, it was sold to a U.S. collector in the nineties. It was last shown in Europe in the summer of 1998 in the "Bagatelle" concours dElegance in Paris Bois de Boulogne.

jamie

thanks for the help. But this is a caddy! talk to a guy from a caddy club that says there is one in a museum called the black widow. He believes there were only 10 made. anyone else have any suggestions

Dave # 18575

Jamie,

Get some pictures of the car and email them to me.  At the very least, we could narrow down the year ect.

caddydave75@yahoo.com

Dave

denise 20352

If you tell me that it has a television in the middle of the dash, Im gonna scream.  ;)

-denise

Paul Zanetti

Denise.....Thanks.

The laugh of the day!

I needed that!