News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

In St. Louis

Started by Morgan Murphy, #17409, November 08, 2006, 07:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Murphy, #17409

Hey CLCers:

Im in St. Louis working on my food column, "Food Finds," for Southern Living  Ive already called a few local Caddy buffs, but am looking for a few folks to be a spare stomach.  (I have to eat at between 4 and 6 restaurants a day, so I hate to see food go to waste.  Also, wait staff tends to get suspicious when one person orders two appetizers, two entrees, etc.)

All youve got to do is give me a call on my cell (205) 447-7007.  

And if anyone knows any interesting Cadillac sites to visit while here, Id love to know about em.

Best,

Morgan

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Call Terry Wenger. He is retired, and as far as I know, he likes to eat. He is in Ferguson, and has a wonderful collection of cars to see. I was talking to many old friends during my recent visit to his home, and didnt get to see too much of his cars. There is a GREAT bunch of people there.

Morgan Murphy, #17409

I actually called Terry earlier this afternoon and we talked quite a bit.  Very nice guy.  I am so impressed with the amount of club interest and sheer number of Cadillacs here.  There seems to be a Caddy on every corner.  

Funny thing happened while I was talking to Terry--I brought up the 1934-1937 V-16 article in this months Self Starter.  Terry said, "What did you think of it?"  I said, "I thought it was brilliant and very well written. . . and being a magazine ed, Im a tough critic!"

And honest-to-Leland, I didnt know Terry had written it.

Morgan

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

I had been after Terry for several years to re-do this, and was very pleased with the result. The original articles took most of a year, and ended in Sept of 1963 with the town cars.
There are certainly lots of CLC guys in St. Louis, and all great people to vist and talk to. Good luck, Barry

Morgan Murphy, #17409

Well, today was fun.  I saw a fantastic collection of LaSalles (six!) and am going to see a 41 and 58 Fleetwoods tomorrow.

Im really impressed by all the Cads in this town.  They should really hold a Grand National here.

Morgan