News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Custom Biarritz Classic Hard-Top Convertible Parade Car

Started by Dick Heller, November 09, 2006, 07:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Heller

2000 produced, 500 with Astroroofs and one with Hard-Top Convertible.

eBay item 130044355469  

Yann, please add to database.

Dick

Johnny #662

Quote from: Dick Heller2000 produced, 500 with Astroroofs and one with Hard-Top Convertible.

eBay item 130044355469  

Dick

Why would you want to have this backyard chop shop destruction added to the data base, especially in its present state?  Looks like the result of when a couple of guys were sitting around, and thought "Hey lets make that old caddy there a convertible" then broke out the hacksaws.  Once they got the roof off, they found out theres more to a convertible then just chopping off the roof.

Dick Heller

Because it is unique and who ever purchases it may restore it to its former glory and possibly the “AFTER” picture will makes its way into the Cadillac database.
Quote from: Johnny #662
Quote from: Dick Heller2000 produced, 500 with Astroroofs and one with Hard-Top Convertible.

eBay item 130044355469  

Dick

Why would you want to have this backyard chop shop destruction added to the data base, especially in its present state?  Looks like the result of when a couple of guys were sitting around, and thought "Hey lets make that old caddy there a convertible" then broke out the hacksaws.  Once they got the roof off, they found out theres more to a convertible then just chopping off the roof.

Johnny #662

[Because it is unique and who ever purchases it may restore it to its former glory and possibly the “AFTER” picture will makes its way into the Cadillac database.]

No denying its UNIQUE.  Not often someone cuts the roof off a car to make a convertible then finds out they screwed up.  I think what would be more unique wold be a picture of the person that buys this abomination.  Granted that particular model Eldorado is unique, but for whatever reason they never really caught on as desirable "collectors" car.

John #22631

At $400 it is bid too high.Stupid people with stupid money.

brian rachlin

You have to admit the guy is really good with a jigsaw...

How come nobody mentioned what the hell is standing next to the car?

Brian

Johnny #662

Quote from: brian rachlinYou have to admit the guy is really good with a jigsaw...

How come nobody mentioned what the hell is standing next to the car?

Brian

Actually I did notice what a great job he did taking off the top.  I think that is the guy standing next to the car, and he has blocked himself out, I suspect out of embarrasement, less any of his friends see him.

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

The vision standing by the side of the car is the alien who cut the top off with his special laser cutter (this is why the cuts are so neat). He did this so his head would fit while driving. Even aliens like Cadillacs, they are out of this world.  

Matt Harwood

This always reminds me of a buddy in high school who wanted a convertible, yet incongruously owned a Ford Maverick 2-door which we called "Mike the Maverick" and who, of course, was not a convertible. So one day, we take poor old Mike down to the high school auto shop and cut the roof off with a Sawzall. Voila! Instant convertible. My buddy drove it for a few days, noting that the doors immediately stopped opening and the windshield developed a crack or two. From behind, you could also see that the car had become one of those "sidewinder" cars you sometimes see--the rear wheels werent exactly following the fronts. But we had some good times rolling around in our "ragtop" Maverick for a few days, even if the jagged edges of the body would cut your arm open like a razor. We had one experience with the police, but it was merely an amused officer who asked, "Just what the hell are you boys doing?"

The real fun started when his dad saw the car and blew a gasket. My buddy was in so much trouble that we took Mike back to the shop and hastily welded the old roof (which was fortunately still lying around behind the gym, rear glass and all) back onto the body. We broke the rear window doing it, set the remaining headliner on fire a few times, and none of the other windows would close all the way and the doors never did open again, but Mike was no longer topless, which seemed to satisfy dad.

Also, Mike now seemed to draw the same amount of water in the rain as he did without a top and it would spray into your face in a fine mist as the wind pushed it through the (unwelded) holes in the windshield header. Oh, and it whistled like a teakettle above about 40 MPH.

Mike died pretty quickly after that. I miss Mike. That was more fun than you should be allowed to have with a $750 car.
--
Matt Harwood
Cleveland, OH
My 1941 Buick Century:
http://www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com/1941buick/index.html TARGET=_blank>http://www.harwoodperformance.bizland.com/1941buick/index.html