News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 60 Special side mount mirrors

Started by Chuck- #21953, November 12, 2006, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck- #21953

Is there a correct mirror to mount on my side mount fender covers?  Also, my fenders have shalloow, elongated wells where mirrors were once installed.  Is this correct?  Thanks for your help.

Doug Houston

Without seeing the car, Id say that its not right. The rear view mirrors on my 38-60S are mounted to the door hinges, and date back to when the car was new. It would be a cold day in Hell when Id drill the moldings on the tire covers!  I do know that side view mirrors were supplied for such mounting, but I reiterate the foregoing about drilling. Id surely explore all possibilities for mirror mounts.

You might check the 38-40 V16 authenticity manual. It would apply in this case to all of the 38-40 cars.