News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2002 ELDORADO COMMEMORATIVE EDITION

Started by Dick Heller, November 14, 2006, 12:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Heller

2002 CADILLAC ELDORADO ETC COMMEMORATIVE EDITION SPORTS COUPE

What is the significance of 1,596 production number?

Dick

Charles D. Barnette #1465

My understanding is that they were done in mutiples of the number 532 which was the orginal number of the first Eldorados in 1953. In other words Cadillac made 532 white 2002 commemorative editions, then 532 red commemorative 2002 editions, and then another 532 white 2002 commemorative  editions before stopping production. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Charles D. Barnette

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

The commemorative editions were only available in Pearl Red and White Diamond, both premium colors, each of which was a $1,000.00 option on regular Eldorados and other 2002 Cadillacs.
I also remember reading that the batches of 532 were in commemoration of the original 53s.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

It is my understanding also that the multiples of "532" were in honor of the original model year run of 532 Eldorados in 1953. However, although "White Diamond" and "Crimson Pearl" were optional paint finishes on regular Eldorados (the ESC and ETC models), the Commemorative Editions were finished in either "Aztec Red" (a bright, flat shade of red) or "Alpine White" (a non-metallic, creamy-white shade) and featured complimentary two-toned leather interiors, unique wood grain and special exhaust-note, and special wheels, all in reference to the original 1953 models. All were very nice, and there were twice as many Aztec Red as there were Alpine White. . . How I wish they were still offering an Eldorado model--or even planning to re-introduce one!

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Just read my post--and its error--there were twice as many 2002 Commemorative Eldorados done in Alpine White as there were in the Aztec Red! Mea culpa!

Richard Sills - CLC #936

When GM named the two special colors used on these cars, someone must have been looking at the current Pontiac model line-up rather than the 1953 Eldorado brochures, because the window stickers for the red Comemmorative Editions described the color as "Aztek Red".  But we know what they intended!

In any event these are beautiful cars, and should be quite collectible.