News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need Help Locating Part for 73 Coupe DeVille

Started by Mark Wilson 22645, November 21, 2006, 03:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Wilson 22645

Need some help. Ive got a 1973 Coupe DeVille which needs a new license plate filler panel (?). Im not even sure Im calling the part by the right name. Its the plastic (or hard rubber?) piece that fits in the rear license plate bumper area by the fuel filler cap. Ive got a 1973 shop manual and couldnt find a specific name tagged to that part for the DeVille. Ive checked the web sites of a few parts suppliers who advertise in The Self-Starter, but did not see the part Im looking for. Prefer to get a new replacement part if at all possible. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Try the places in Hemmings that advertise rear and front fillers.If you want a new one, try McVeys. He advertises in the S/S and may have a web site.

Mark Wilson 22645

Barry - many thanks for the quick (!) response. Ill check out Hemmings. (Already looked at McVeys.) Just to clarify - Im not looking for the rear quarter filler panels, the plastic parts added for the 5 mph collision requirement. The part Im looking for is right below the flip up license plate. Make sense?

Again, thanks so much for the response and keep them coming!

- Mark

Dave MacGregor 18998

Im sure theyre out there as its a common part to rot out and go.

Like the lead above, try the places that make the front and rear fillers as many times they also have that piece yourre looking for available also.

They are out there like this one on eBay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Cadillac-Rear-Center-Body-Filler_W0QQitemZ150059163091QQcmdZViewItem TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Cadillac-Rear-Center-Body-Filler_W0QQitemZ150059163091QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck!

Dave

Mark Wilson 22645

Dave - thanks for the eBay link. I think thats what Im looking for but will contact the seller. Appreciate the lead!
Mark

Mike Josephic #3877

These parts were polyurethane and after 30+ years exposure to sunlight, etc. get brittle and fall apart.  Try USA Parts as they have repacements made of ABS plastic that are much more durable.  Mike

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Was putting gas in the 88 6 door this morning, and Ive got another broken one I didnt know about...

Mark Wilson 22645

Guys - thanks again for your help. Was able to locate one at Honest Johns Caddy Corner (honestjohn.com) which is only ~40 minutes from my house. Got it painted an installed! Again, appreciate your help. - Mark