Author Topic: extended warranty  (Read 2035 times)

jason lorretti

  • Guest
extended warranty
« on: November 25, 2006, 07:23:11 PM »
can i purchase a cadillac extended warranty on my previously owned 2003 sts?  The car was originally placed in service september 2003 and currently under cadillac warranty until september 2007.

Greg McDonnell #20841

  • Guest
Re: extended warranty
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 08:05:02 PM »
Hi Jason,

For a very thorough answer to your question, read another member, Rusty Shepherds post down near the bottom of the thread just below your question. He pretty well sums up your options.  Good luck and as Rusty suggested, shop around.  I bought the best one (full coverage) I could find back in 02 for my 98 SLS.  I used it a few times but when I really needed it in September of this year, it had already expired in May.  Such is my luck.  I dont think you can purchase an extended warranty for more than four years.  That could have changed since I purchased mine though.

Best of luck!

Greg

Johnny #662

  • Guest
Re: extended warranty
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 08:13:15 PM »
Before you purchase any extended warranty, make sure you read the "fine print", to see any restrictions that might be involved, such as deductibles.  I would also strongly researching the company on the Internet, and see what others have to say about the company you are thinking about dealing with.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

  • Guest
Mileage limit, too
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 08:36:52 AM »
Jason, You said that the factory warranty on your car expires in September of next year. Im assuming that you have a low-mileage car; the warranty also expires at 50,000 miles and it must be within both the (four) years and miles to be covered by the factory warranty and to be eligible for the GM extended warranty.

jason lorretti

  • Guest
Re: Mileage limit, too
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 11:37:49 AM »
Rusty my car is under 50K and will be when warranty expires. I am concerned about high cadillac repair bills for electrical, etc.  Will gm contact me before wasrranty expires or I have to approach gm?

regards,

jason



Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

  • Guest
Re: Mileage limit, too
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 05:36:50 PM »
Jason, Its very unlikely they will (particularly since you are not the original owner) and I wouldnt take that chance. A couple of months before it expires, Id start calling around and getting prices from GM dealers. Id recommend getting the most comprehensive one you can afford. Their top one has just a handful of exclusions (they list those since their are so many covered components)and they are mostly wear items like brake pads and rotors.

Dick Heller

  • Guest
Cadillac Certified Car Warranty
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »


Why does Cadillac provide such comprehensive warranty protection on its previously owned Cadillacs and the original Cadillac owners have to scramble once the factory warranty expires?  The think Rick Wagner needs to match KIA with its 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty to regain lost market share to BMW, Infinity, Lexus and Mercedes.

Dick

Johnny #662

  • Guest
Re: Cadillac Certified Car Warranty
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 12:28:45 PM »
Quote from: Dick Heller


Why does Cadillac provide such comprehensive warranty protection on its previously owned Cadillacs and the original Cadillac owners have to scramble once the factory warranty expires?  The think Rick Wagner needs to match KIA with its 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty to regain lost market share to BMW, Infinity, Lexus and Mercedes.

Dick


I believe that GM is offering a 100,000 mile warranty on Cadillacs now.   Basically, it includes 100,000 miles or five years, whichever comes first. This is a warranty that covers the powertrain which means it covers the engine, transfer case, transmission, and axle assemblies. Roadside assistance is also extended for five years or 100,000 miles. This means that 24 hours per day and 7 days per week you will receive roadside assistance if you need it. This includes fuel delivery, flat tire help, Lock Out, Jumpstart, and even towing in certain situations.

Your warranty also includes courtesy transportation for the same five years or 100,000 miles. In the instance that your car requires warranty repairs there are a variety of transportation options available to you. In some instances you will even be reimbursed for transportation if you choose other arrangements.

One of the best parts of the warranty, and maybe the best part for some Cadillac owners, is that there is no deductible to pay for repairs that are covered by the warranty.

Dick Heller

  • Guest
Re: Cadillac Certified Car Warranty
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 01:02:18 PM »
Has the bumper to bumper warranty (everything is covered, light bulbs, etc.) been replaced with the 100,000 powertrain warranty?


Quote from: Johnny #662
Quote from: Dick Heller


I believe that GM is offering a 100,000 mile warranty on Cadillacs now.   Basically, it includes 100,000 miles or five years, whichever comes first. This is a warranty that covers the powertrain which means it covers the engine, transfer case, transmission, and axle assemblies. Roadside assistance is also extended for five years or 100,000 miles. This means that 24 hours per day and 7 days per week you will receive roadside assistance if you need it. This includes fuel delivery, flat tire help, Lock Out, Jumpstart, and even towing in certain situations.

Your warranty also includes courtesy transportation for the same five years or 100,000 miles. In the instance that your car requires warranty repairs there are a variety of transportation options available to you. In some instances you will even be reimbursed for transportation if you choose other arrangements.

One of the best parts of the warranty, and maybe the best part for some Cadillac owners, is that there is no deductible to pay for repairs that are covered by the warranty.

Johnny #662

  • Guest
Re: Cadillac Certified Car Warranty
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 01:46:53 PM »
Quote from: Dick Heller
Has the bumper to bumper warranty (everything is covered, light bulbs, etc.) been replaced with the 100,000 powertrain warranty?


Quote from: Johnny #662


It is my understanding that the bumper to bumper is good for 3 years, then after that just the drive train.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

  • Guest
4/50 or 3/36 and 5/100
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 07:05:56 PM »
The bumper-to-bumper warranty on 2007 Cadillacs and Buicks is 4yrs/50,000 miles (3/36,000 on Chevrolet and Pontiac)with the new 5yr/100,000 miles powertrain warranty covering all GM cars and light trucks.

Bob

  • Guest
GM Extended Warranty
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 07:36:42 PM »
‹(•¿•)›(¯`*•.¸ HIGHLY RECOMMEND ¸.•*´¯)‹(•¿•)›

The bumper-to-bumper warranty on 2007 Cadillacs is 4yrs/50,000 miles (and right now free maintenance at certain Cadillac dealers).

http://www.gm.com/warranty/index.jsp?brandId=ca&lang=en&cmp=search&seo=goo_cadillac100k

 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 



All Cads