News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1938 V-16 Series 90 Town Car

Started by Dick Heller, November 25, 2006, 02:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt V16

Oh why did you bring that one up? I almost had that stupid car 7 years ago before anyone really knew about it for $60,000. The price was $85,000, I offered $60,000 and he went down to $70,000. I walked away and Im still kicking myself in the rear for letting it get away. #$@percent&*&^percent*#........

Dick Heller

How extensive is your V16 collection?

Dick

Doug Houston

There is a 38-9053 town car in this (Detroit) area, and another possibly in California. It was the one used in the Madame X movie in 1966. Now, the Vatican car has reappeared. I sort of expect that Yann Saunders or Terry Wenger would have the best listing on which cars are where.

There were 2 40-9053s built, and both are around somewhere.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Carl Steig looked at both 1940 cars about two years ago. They were for sale in the SF paper.

Doug Houston

There is a neat story behind the second 40-90 town car. I have the invoice sheets and the instructions for it. The car started ut as a 40-7553. It was still in Detroit; possibly at the sales branch. Somebody wanted a V16 town car, so there was a 9033 car at a distributor in Jacksonville, Fla.. The factory called back the 9033 and played switcharoo with bodies, and appointments. Those instructions are with the invoices. They specified the interior for the new 90 town car; the body name plate, and the whole shmear. Ive always wondered if the (now) 7533 is still around.