News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1988 Eldorado Electrical Problem

Started by Len Sholes, November 25, 2006, 08:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len Sholes

A friend called me to day asking for help on a problem he has on his car. He is telling me the that if he has his heater on HIGH that all of a sudden it quits working, the dash lights go out. the head lights go out, the check engine light comes on, and he cannot get the wiper intermittent setting to work. He also tells me that he cannot dim his dash lights when they are working. I told him that this could be due to a faulty reisistor on the switch. He also tells me if he lets the vehicle sit for 15 to 20 minutes then everything works again. Almost like what ever is causing the problem resets itself. I am thinking the problem could be a faulty circuit breaker. Has anyone run across something like this before? I am going to go over to his place tomorrow and see what I can find. It sounds like it is doing it on a regular basis. What about a bad ground or could it be the computer. He also tells me that if he leaves the heater on LOW he never has a problem.