News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need Pictures of Installed 1957 A/C System

Started by Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472, November 26, 2006, 04:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472

Greetings all--

I recently purchased a 57 Fleetwood 60 Special without A/C.  Im in the process of collecting the parts necessary to install factory A/C in my new car.  

It would be most helpful if someone could send me pictires of installed 57 A/C components from various angles (compressor, fan and shroud, condenser, blower unit, dash, etc.).

Also, if anyone has 57 A/C parts out there theyd like to sell, Im in the market.  For certain, I need the dash control/switch and cable and the four-groove crankshaft pulley.  But Id be interested in hearing about any other A/C components anyone might want to sell.

Thanks.

Ralph
55 60S
57 60S
59 SDV  

Warren Rauch

I found some diagrams in the training center student manual, for 1957 Air Cond.. They do show at least some of what your looking for. I only have  a photo copy . If you think it would help email me. Warren

Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472

Thanks for your help Warren--great manual--answers a lot of questions. Also, thanks to Jack McClow for the pictures of his wonderful 57 and David King for the great 4-groove crankshaft pulley.

I still need the following parts:

- Supporting brackets for the compressor
- Radiator from air conditioned car with fan shroud and mounts
- Carburetor throttle speed-up control
- Components necessary to relocate the oil filter to the drivers side of the engine (filter housing, brackets, tubing, etc.)
- Foot coolers mounted inside firewall covering vent holes present for non-A/C cars
- Control cables that run from dash control head to evaporator and hot gas bypass valve (2 cables)
- Any ductwork, no matter what the condition. (Ill use bad ductwork as template to fabricate replacement--of course, good condition would be preferable)
- Air conditioning wiring harness
- Resistor for air conditioning blower
- Id like to know about any other parts that may be available

Once again, thanks for all the help!

Ralph
55 60S
57 60S
59 SDV