News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Outdoor winter climate car cover?

Started by TJ H #20664, November 26, 2006, 11:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ H #20664

I just bought another 73 Eldo convert that is not nice enough to displace another car indoors or pay to store somewhere else so it looks like its going to sit next to the other 73 eldo convert I bought next to the barn.  The last one I bought has been outside for the last 10 years and is rusty an moldy so another year or two is not a big deal but the new one has a good top decent paint and some good interior parts.  I could prob find some indoor storage place for a few hundered dollars for the season but dont really want to put that much into it. Among other issues it doesnt run at the monent so its a pain to move. I was wondering if a tarp would help or hurt things?  I live in MN where we are supposed to get lots of snow.

I have a indoor/outdoor cover for my good car that is in the barn but IIRC it was over $200 and this new car I dont think is worth that unless you guys think its the only way.

Thoughts?  Ideas?

Thanks!

TJ H  CLC#20664
StPaul/Mpls MN USA
73 Eldo Convert(s)

Likele Amsterdam

Hi
Too bad you did not get a reply on your request.
But do you happen to know what the best car covers are?
Best,
Likele de Boer
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Glen

Go to California Car Cover.  http://www.calcarcover.com/  They have a number of good car covers made to fit your car.  I’ve had good service from them. 

If you decide to use a tarp don’t take it all the way to the ground.  Leave some space for air flow.  If it goes all the way to the ground it will hold in moisture and promote mold, and mildew.     

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

35-709

Quote from: Glen on February 14, 2008, 03:51:01 AM
Go to California Car Cover.  http://www.calcarcover.com/  They have a number of good car covers made to fit your car.  I’ve had good service from them. 

If you decide to use a tarp don’t take it all the way to the ground.  Leave some space for air flow.  If it goes all the way to the ground it will hold in moisture and promote mold, and mildew.     

Glen
AND RUST!
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2