News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

seat belts 1961 eldorado

Started by Alex Garbuio, November 17, 2006, 01:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Garbuio

I would like to ad seat belts to my vehicle 1961 eldorado. wondering what my options may be and where to buy them?

thanks

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Alex,

One of the problems with installing Seat Belts in a vehicle that wasnt designed for such things is that there are a number of reinforcements that must be performed to ensure the anchor points are going to withstand the forseeable stresses involved in an accident.

Are your front seats Buckets, or a bench?   And, i take it that the car is a Convertible?

There most probably will need to be some cutting of the seat base to allow the inner belt to follow a direct line to the mounting point at the side of the transmission tunnel.

It is involved, so if you like some more information, please contact me off-line, via email.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

David #19063

Alex,

Contact Joe Robin of the CLC.  He installed front & rear shoulder straps that look great in his 63 Cadillac Conv.  He did a great job and would be a wonderful help to you.

The link to some of his pictures:

http://groups.msn.com/196364CadillacCommunity/joerobin65s63series62conv.msnw?Page=2 TARGET=_blank>http://groups.msn.com/196364CadillacCommunity/joerobin65s63series62conv.msnw?Page=2

There are 3 pages total.

David

Alex Garbuio

David #19063

Alex,

Let me know if you have trouble getting a hold of him and I can e-mail him your e-mail address to contact you.

Good Luck,
David

Bob Dziewit

Federal regulations required that all cars built beginning on 1 Jan 62 be equipped with front seat belt anchors in the floor.  So your out of luck for anchors on the 61.