News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Window Installation Urgent - 1928 Cadillac 7 Seater

Started by Ken Andersen # 21420, December 10, 2006, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Andersen # 21420

I am at the stage of my restoration, where I need to order & install new windows.
My Fisher Body Maintenance Manual does not show how the windows are installed into the door.  That is, there are no pictures or explaination as to what window tracks are used, whether there is a timber garnish mould installed after you install the window tracks etc etc.
Is someone in the CLC able to offer me advice and photos so that I can correctly install the windows.

Ken Andersen # 21420

Ken Andersen # 21420

Still floating around awaiting some information.  Thanks Guys.

Ken Andersen # 21420

Warren Rauch

I took a look at the 26-31 repro-manual and it sure is bad. The earlier 1927 manual shows it much better , for wood framed doors. Your car doors are wood frames?,not steel? The copy I have was from a Pontiac-Oakland dealer ,but should be the same for all Fisher Body. I dont know how to get you copies in a timely manner. Warren

Ken Andersen # 21420

Dear Warren,

Thanks for your reply.  Perhaps you could run off a photocopy of the pages that apply to the window frames, scan it into your computer, (if you have a scanner) and email them to me. Or, send the photo copies to me in the post. I am only now starting to finalise the door, having fitted all of the door hardware, and am now working on the timber inserts.

I have basically timber framed doors, however the main front door piller, the one that the windscreen and header board are connected to, is steel of course.

I am a few weeks away from completing the window timber trims, and obviously cannot procede with this part of the restoration, until I can work out what side and top channel is used, ( I believe that it is rubber), and I also believe that this is complemented with a timber trim ( garnish moulding ) between the rubber channel and the inside edge of the window frame.

Ken Andersen # 21420

Dear Warren,
Sent you and email message, sure hope that you got it, and can assist me.

Thanks & Regards
Ken

Warren Rauch

Ken Andersen # 21420

Dear Warren,

Thats very much appreciated Warren, hope that I can return the favour in the future.

Best Regards
Ken

Ken Andersen # 21420