News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

41 Heater

Started by John Polychron, December 13, 2006, 12:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Polychron

I just acquired a 41 Cadillac Conv Cpe - the automatic temp control heater is not working. Where can I get service info or a manual so that it can be fixed? Appreciate any help on this.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

If you are looking for a Shop Manual for your 41 try contacting:

Cranken Hope Publications
461 Sloan Alley
Blairsville, PA 15717-1481
724-459-8853
cranken@yourinter.net

Jeff Hansen, #4225

I dont believe repair information on the Automatic Heating System is contained in the Shop Manual.  Information on this unit can be found in The Serviceman.  Unfortunately, I am at work and cannot remember exactly which issue it is, but I believe it to be one of the issues from late 1940.

Cranken Hope should have reproduction copies of The Serviceman available.

HTH,
Jeff

Jerry

John

Did you see these comments yesterday?

Bob Schuman,#254

The information you need is in the November 1940 and December 1940 Cadillac LaSalle Serviceman bulletins sent to dealers. As already mentioned by another person, Crank en Hope Publications should have reprints available, and I have seen a complete set for 1941 models, including the late 1940 issues, advertised on Ebay. Use the search argument 1941 Cadillac.

Bob Schuman

John Polychron 22120

Thanks to all who responded. Bob Schuman sent me
a Service Bulletin with diagrams of the system.