News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Straighten Bent Diecast Grille Bars

Started by Whitney Otis 1188, December 13, 2006, 10:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney Otis 1188

I recently bought another diecast grille for my 1940 75 series.  The chrome is quite good on this piece and there are very few pits compared to my current grille.  However, 3 or 4 of the grille bars are bent.  Just wondering if anyone has rassled with this problem and come up with a way to straighten the diecase without breaking it.  I tried numerous searchs on this subject, but nothing came up.. or else my keywords werent key.  Thanks, Whit Otis

JIM CLC # 15000

12-13-06
Whitney, Try Oregon Plating, in Portland,OR their address is:
436 South East 6th Avenue  Portland, OR 97214 Phone Number: 503-232-3543 Talk to Gary, tell him what you have and the repair it needs, he has a person that he farms out parts that need repairs. I had a 1938 La Salle hood ornament-unlatch lever that broke in half and the repair is invisable. Also, be sure to tell him that you want show-quality chrome.
HTH
Good Luck,JIM

Jack Hoffman #7042

Strange as this may sound,I have straightened diecast parts by careful heating as pressure was applied. Main thing is to be careful with the heat--say a heat gun and not a torch.