News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

346 serial number question

Started by Len Sholes, January 04, 2007, 01:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len Sholes

I am looking at a engine that is for sale and I have a question about a number stamped on the block just below the serial number. The serial number stamped on the block is 8351447 which to the best of my ability is a 1941 series 62 engine. I have come to this conclusion after going through the Cadillac Data Base and seeing that the 1941 62 series engines where between 8340001 to 8364734. Just below the serial number there is a number 8F40223 stamped horizontaly. Does anyone know what this number designates? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Doug Houston

Thats the Engine Unit Number. Its the true serial number, as I understand. Its put on the block brfore the block was assigned to a chassis. The letter in the number tells what year the engine is. At least, you do see a 41-62 engine with that serial number.