News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 Air Conditioning A/C System Pictures & Parts

Started by Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472, December 17, 2006, 03:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Williams, CLC # 18472

Greetings--

I’m still trying to find parts for a ’57 Cadillac air conditioning system and pictures of an installed ’57 Cadillac air conditioning system.  

I’m looking for pictures of all installed components, including the arrangement of the bracket relocating the oil filter from the passenger side of the engine to the driver’s side, how the condenser and receiver are mounted on the radiator support, and how the fan shroud is mounted.

Following are the parts I need:

- 4-groove crankshaft pulley
- Supporting brackets for the compressor
- Supporting brackets for the fan shroud
- Components necessary to relocate the oil filter (brackets, tubing, etc.)
- “Foot coolers” mounted inside firewall covering vent holes present for non-A/C cars
- Control cables that run from dash control head to evaporator and hot gas bypass valve (2 cables)
- Any ductwork, no matter what the condition.  (I’ll use bad ductwork as template to fabricate replacement--of course, good condition would be preferable)
- Air conditioning wiring harness
- Resistor for air conditioning blower
- Any other parts that might be available

Thanks.

Ralph
’55 60S
’57 60S
’59 SDV