News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rear view mirror for 62 Eldo

Started by Gary Christensen CLC 21112, December 19, 2006, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Christensen CLC 21112

I have bought a replacement for the rear view mirror on my 62 Eldorado.  Since it is different from the one I am replacing, Im wondering which (if either) is actually the correct mirror.

Caddy Daddy in CA assures me that the 3-way replacement they sold me is correct.  It has a blue tint to it and a chrome slide handle to toggle between the settings.  The replacement also has a deep back -- about a 1/2 inch at the deepest.

My existing mirror has a grey plastic flip lever and is very flat on the back.  Its also smaller than the replacement.

I dont have any reason to disbelieve the Caddy Daddy folks, but just want to check before I make the switch.

Can anyone confirm that my new bluish mirror is the authentic one?

Thanks!

Greg McDonnell CLC #20841

Gary,

I own a 66 Eldorado and found out the Fleetwood Series cars (FWB, Sixty Special and Eldorado) had the optional 3-way adjustable mirror.  The Devilles and Calais models (in 66) had the two way mirror.  Im surprised someone who is knowledgable of the 62 models hasnt posted-guess its because of the time of the year.  

My guess is Caddydaddy is correct regarding the three way adjustment mirror since your car is an Eldorado.  Whether the bluish cast to the mirror is correct or not, maybe someone with an original mirror in their car can tell you.  

Best of luck.  Wish I had the answer!

Jim Eccleston CLC 16079

Gary, I dont know about the bluism or the depth, but 61/62 Eldorados and Fleetwoods did have the toggle type 3 way mirrors, while all others had the flip lever two way types.

Dave

the 3-way mirror was standard on all 1956-1966 eldorados, fleetwood 60 special, and Broughams. dont know about the bluish tint. Dave

Gary Christensen CLC 21112

Thanks guys.

Based on Caddy Daddy and your comments, I imagine my new one is the correct one.  The guy at Caddy Daddy immediately referenced the bluish tint when I first called and you have validated the style.

Time to start a-polishin.