News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57 Coupe driveshaft compatibility with a 57 SDV?

Started by John Maglia #23063, December 20, 2006, 07:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Maglia #23063

I have a 57 Coupe parts car with a running engine and tranny. I also have a 57 Sedan de Ville without an engine and tranny. I am wanting to put the Coupes engine & tranny in the SDV. According to the Cadillac shop manual, the wheelbases of these two cars are the same at 129.5 inches. Can anyone tell me if the coupes engine, tranny, and drive shaft will fit the SDV? The SDV also has A/C and the Coupe does not. I anticipate something needing to be done in the cooling area. Any other major difficulties or areas of concern I may run into in this move?

Many thanks for any advice you may offer.

Paul Flykt CLC # 18899

According to my Hollander manual all series 62 cars in 57 and 58 use the same drive shaft.

John Maglia #23063