News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1993 Allante

Started by James Conkwright, January 08, 2007, 05:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Conkwright

Just wanting some thoughts on a 93 Allante I ran across. This car is red with a black top and tan leather. It has 55,000 miles on the Northstar and does NOT have a hard top. The paint is excellent, no dings. Top is excellent. Leather interior is perfect. All electronics work. Runs great. 1 owner car driven by elderly man who passed away 5 years ago. It has sat since then and hasnt been driven much. Anyone have any thoughts on what this car is worth?

Thanks,
James Conkwright
1950 Buick Special
1958 Cadillac Convertible

Johnny #662

I dont know what its worth, but before you decide to buy, make sure you do your homework, in respect to the cost of maintaining and repairing an Allante.  Basically most parts are one of a kind and as such are highly priced.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

A friend tells me the digital dashes are an absolute nightmare to get parts for and repair ---- after you find someone knowledgeable to even attempt the repairs in the first place.  
Google or Yahoo (or whatever search engine you use) Allante and your computer will come up with a place for Allante parts, the Allante Club, etc., etc.  Probably a good place to start doing some research.    

randolph Hane

Owned an Allante about 12 years ago and loved it! It has power,class and style. They arent very practical if you have 3 daughter like I do, but I think for 10k-15k you will have a blast. Our digital dash never gave us problems but I could see how it might be costly if it did. When we took our car into be serviced at the dealer, there were a couple guys who worked only on the Allantes. Maybe they are still around. Good Luck!
Randolph Hane
1958 eldo
1960 eldo

Jim Jordan

I agree.  I bought my red 93 in 2000 with 12000 miles.  It has now 65,000 miles and has been a great car!  They seem to go in the $12k-$15K range for nice ones with semi low miles.  Most of the mechanical items on a 93 are shared with ETC and STS so really the body and trim items are the hard ones to get.  It is a very fun and elegant car.

John Baynes CLC # 8326

Owned an 89 (red) and a 93 (pearl red) - great cars and fun to drive - not good at carrying your soccer team -but they are distinctive and truly Cadillac.