News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wanted - Timing Chain - 38 Cadillac

Started by Joseph P. McCormick, CLC #14142, December 31, 2006, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph P. McCormick, CLC #14142

Hello, I currently have a broken timing chain on my 38 Cadillac 60S.  Can anyone advise me where I can purchase a new one?  Thanks, in advance.  Joe

Doug Houston

TYhere may be a little trouble finding one, but the first place to try is a NAPA store. The timing chain prior to 1942 was wider, but otherwise the same length. Republic Gear, in St. Clair Shores, Michigan had the chain as their R-305. The 1942-48 chain was R-315.

The original Cadillac number for your chain was 1410603. The parts book shows the 1941 chain as part number 1441673, but I seem to recall that the 41 chain was always included in the replacement number for all those previous years.

Joseph P. McCormick, CLC #14142

Hello Doug,  Many, many thanks for this information.   Joe