News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

James Bond Cadillacs

Started by Brad Hemingson, January 03, 2007, 10:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Hemingson

I watched the old James Bond (Roger Moore) classic "To Live and Let Die" last night. A good part of the movie was shot in New York and featured 3 or 4 highly modified Cadillacs of the Austin Powers ilk. Were these all "one-offs" or were manufacturers selling them as factory mods? They are kind of cool in a weird sort of way.

Johnny #662

What you were looking at, were some of your basic "Pimpmobiles" or "Jukeboxes" of the early 70s.  They were bascially done by after market body and trim shops.  The most interesting I think, was the white Eldorado used in the early part of the film, that was used to kill Bonds driver.  Its basically a Corvette with Eldorado body panels.  These cars mostly are looked at with disdain by many "purists".  Myself, I have always liked most of them that were done "right".  They incorporated many of the trims of the classic cars of the 30s, and when done "right" was really quite impressive.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

These were called "Corvorados" [Corvette+Eldorado]. Youll find some interesting facts about them in the clubs Database:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Drm70-74.htm TARGET=_blank>www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Drm70-74.htm [search "bond"]

Bill Podany

Yann,

What happened to your stopping off in Knoxville, Tennessee; I never heard from you.  I hope all went well, and that you didnt spend any nights in that station wagon.

Bill Podany
41 Kaddy

mark

those caddys were built by my uncle and les dunham of dunham coach works in boonton nj want any other info let me know  mark c.  ;)
Quote from: Brad Hemingson on January 03, 2007, 10:21:48 AM
I watched the old James Bond (Roger Moore) classic "To Live and Let Die" last night. A good part of the movie was shot in New York and featured 3 or 4 highly modified Cadillacs of the Austin Powers ilk. Were these all "one-offs" or were manufacturers selling them as factory mods? They are kind of cool in a weird sort of way.