News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

47 Hess&Eisenhardt 6 door limo

Started by Chris Tyler new CLC member, January 03, 2007, 12:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Tyler new CLC member

Does anyone know anything about these 161 in.whlb.customs? How many were built? For who,other than the Broadmoor Hotel? Any info would be helpfull.Thanx tyler

Yann Saunders, #12588

Ive not seen a 47 6-door by H&E. Any pics?
Theres one by Maurice Schwartz in the Clubs Database:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/DRM46-47.HTM TARGET=_blank>www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/DRM46-47.HTM

Chris Tyler

Hello, I ll take pictures. I ve got 2 of these monsters and I love them!! They are really big cars and not so much buses that most people think. The doors are made in the vein of 60s,with just the chrome frame as the glass surround. The B and C door pillars are thin and free standing,all this and throw on a blind quarter with graceful fastback.I ve been around high quality custom bodied classics all my life,as my parents were collectors in the 50s,they owned A. Sloan s V-12 conv.cp.for 20 years before selling to D. Gold. Point being,I m very impressed with the level of craftmanship and interior design appointments,in a post war world most of this was lost in the hey-day of American custom body builders,with maybe the exception of an occassional Derham Cad t/c. H&E carried on in a lost art,and all this time I thought they were just into vehicles for the President or your last-ride. Thanx Chris