News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 overheating engine

Started by michel mathieu, January 04, 2007, 10:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michel mathieu

I, folk, I just finish to rebuilt the engine and I run about 20 milles and the head gasket on the right side is now break. I remove the head and I see that on the head some holes are not opening with the same holes on the block.I think that is no good for the prestone circulation and may be the cause for the over heating. Where can I see if my engine have the good holes are drill or missing ? Some guy,s have answer for me I appreciate. Thank, Michel.CLC-20339

JIM CLC # 15000

01-04-07
Michel, If you paided someone to assemble the engine, show the person where they Screwed-up and have them install another gasket, If you installed the head and gasket, just consider it the cost of the learning. Sorry. Also, a few questions, did you have the heads resurfaced by a machine shop? If not,have it done while the head is off. Torque the head bolts to 75 lbs/feet in three stages, eg, 25 lbs, 50 lbs, them 75 pounds/feets. when the new gasket is installed, be sure that the holes line-up prior to installing the bolts. Ill bet that if you turn the gasket end-to-end, the holes will line-up. Michel, The book says to re-torque the heads after the engine warms-up. be sure to check the Valve Seats for crackes prior to buttoning-up the engine.
HTH
Good Luck,JIM