News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Eldorado Seville custom at BJ

Started by Paul Zanetti, January 07, 2007, 08:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Zanetti

1959 Eldorado Seville custom at Barrett Jackson.

Any thoughts?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/cardetails.asp?In_AuctionID=221&In_LotNumber=1270 TARGET=_blank>http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/cardetails.asp?In_AuctionID=221&In_LotNumber=1270

I read last year this car was being completed for an  international tour in 2007. Now its heading to the auctioneers hammer.

BUT....$1 million (claimed) for a car that would cost a pro-body buider $50K max to make (remember the well-known customiser is not paying the same hourly rates you and I would to a body shop, for his workers? Also, the customising is minimal. Mostly, lowering, chopping the top and vinyl coating it, take the door handles off, cutting the benck seats in half for a console.....not much. Hard to keep customising a car that is alredy arguably the most radically designed factory-custom (for want of a better word)?

Paul Zanetti (Aus)

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

Paul,  I do not like it.  I know that Souchik and others customized cars, sometimes in the most awful colors, and never quite managed to make it look quite like that.

I hope it was a derelect rather than a nice sedan in decent shape.  I hate to see 59s done like that. They are expensive enough as it is to be reducing the numbers.

I have lost interest in Barrett Jackson as a platform for classic and antique cars, as most of the cars sold come in customized.  My son says BJ sets the values for the coming year on collectible cars. Is that true?  If it is, then those prices are ridiculous.

Tastes are changing and the love of antique and original classics is passing into a general interest but nothing worth pursuing in great numbers.

Change is the only constant in the Universe.

R.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gee, one would have thought that they would have connected up the windscreen washer bottle, and replaced the missing cover on the lid.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Paul Zanetti

BRUCE!!!!

Thats part of the custom!

Paul Z